Thursday, July 18, 2013

Camping ay Notellum Creek and Cold Beer

Had an awesome time camping in the wilds of Idaho at my favorite spot.  Can't take credit for finding this spot Pete Wilson showed me this place a few years back and he would kill me if I told you exactly where it is.  The fishing was great, a dozen or so native cuttys 1 white fish and 1 ugly behemoth of a pike minnow that measured in at about 21 inches.  No pictures of the fish left the camera in the tent but here is a couple of the area.




Since then I have been enjoying the fine selection of brews from my local store Pilgrims which is only a 10 minute walk up the road.  Soon I will be posting reviews of some of the awesome western ipas.  Also the title indicates BBQ as part of this blog and I have yet to run the big green egg smoker but that will happen soon, yesterday I picked up a local dry rub that tastes really good so it is time to experiment.  Here is a picture of the local stores selection and a side by side of 1 of my favorite east coast beers and west.




















4 comments:

  1. Makin it rain all day, I miss that stretch on Notellum Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://beerlabelsinmotion.tumblr.com/
    Heady topper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where, o where has Big John gone?

    Is he out in the crick with his hip-huggers on?

    Is he up a big crick without a paddle?

    Or has a big b'ar made him skedaddle?

    ReplyDelete